It is important to make the right choice, especially when it comes to Barrie windows replacement. With so many materials out there in the market, it can be a daunting task when selecting materials for your replacement project. The more closely you look at your project, the better the chances of making it succeed.
Thanks to the rapidly changing technology in window designs and materials, it is essential to have preconceived knowledge about the Barrie windows materials and modern designs in the market. The materials that were considered the best in the past may not hold today. So how do you know the right material to choose for your project? Read more here.
- Wood Material.
Wood is a traditional choice for Barrie windows construction. This was the first choice manufacturers used to construction windows and remains popular.
Advantages of windows made of wood.
- It is environmentally sustainable-it is renewable and can be designed in different shapes and sizes.
- Offer the best insulation.
- It is strong and durable.
- It is beautiful, therefore can offer better ROI.
- It is expensive compared to other materials.
- Needs regular maintenance.
- It is affected by rot and mould.
Replacement windows Barrie are overtaking window, and now they are being used as standard window materials in most homes thanks to their excellent performance and low price.
Advantages of vinyl windows.
- Cheaper compared to other window materials.
- They are energy efficient-they have hollow frames.
- They need little maintenance.
- They are resistant to UV light and also are non-corroding.
- They prevent water and air infiltration and are very durable.
- Several colours to select from.
- The interior of vinyl Barrie windows cannot be stained or painted to complement the interior.
- Doesn’t come with a lot of customisation.
- May get damaged during the process of installation. Can also warp.
- The material expands, and contract and that compromises with its energy efficiency.
Aluminium material has been used for decades by homeowners thanks to their strength and durable material. Just as vinyl, they are cost-effective and require low maintenance.
Advantages of aluminium windows.
- Less expensive.
- New low maintenance.
- They come with a narrow frame which allows the use of more glass and therefore increased ventilation.
- Its frame is lightweight and can be tailored to any configuration.
- They are resistant to warping.
- It is less energy efficient since the material conducts and loses heat and cold.
- It is vulnerable to condensation.
- It can corrode if exposed to salt water.
This material is gaining a lot of popularity thanks to its low maintenance and appeal.
- Resistant to rotting.
- Very strong.
- Best insulator.
- Energy efficient.
- UV resistant.
- No wide choices of colours.