2016 Presidential Race Headline News

POLL: Gary Johnson at 18% in Alaska before Release of Trump Tapes

by: Elias J. Atienza

Libertarian presidential nominee Gary Johnson is at 18 percent in Alaska according to a new poll released by Alaska Dispatch News.

Johnson is currently averaging 12.8 percent according to FiveThirtyEight. Donald Trump leads a hypothetical four way race with 36.1 percent, while Clinton followed at 30.6 percent. “Undecided” edges out Green Party nominee Jill Stein with 9.3 percent to her 6 percent.

Johnson is taking advantage of both major party candidates’ unfavorability ratings, with 53.4 percent of voters saying they had a negative impression of Trump and 59 percent of voters saying they had a negative impression of Clinton.

None of the two major party candidates have managed to get over 40 percent in a state where Romney won 54 percent of the vote. Johnson won 2.46 percent of Alaska voters in 2012.

FiveThirtyEight predicts the Libertarian to receive 12.3 percent of the vote: nearly six times the amount of support he received in 2012. The same site also has the odds of Johnson winning at 0.3 percent, with Trump having a 69.7 percent chance of winning Alaska, and Clinton 30 percent.

The poll was conducted from September 28 to October 2 among 660 registered voters.

Related posts

; })();