Detroit native and right wing internet personality Steven Crowder recently decided to bring the internet along for a ride through Detroit. There’s been a lot of talk about how Detroit is being revitalized through the arts, but terrifying statistics reveal the harsh reality of the Motor City. Detroit is one of the poorest, unsafest, and miserable cities in the country, having been run exclusively by liberals for more than 60 years.
Crowder’s website details these horrific facts about Detroit:
DETROIT SAD FACTS
- In 2013, 40% of Detroit’s street light’s didn’t work.
- Detroit’s population has declined 63% since 1950
- In 2013, Detroit filed the largest municipal bankruptcy in American history
- Detroit has more than 78,000 abandoned structures
- Average police call response in Detroit is 58 minutes. Compared to the national average of 11.
- As of 2013, only one-third of Detroit’s ambulances were functional
- As of 2013, Detroit owed more than 100,000 creditors $18.5 billion
- Two-thirds of Detroit’s parks have been permanently closed since 2008
- The violent crime rate in Detroit is five times the national average
- The murder rate in Detroit is eleven times higher than New York City
- More than 90% of crimes in Detroit go unsolved
- Fixing Detroit’s school system would cost Michigan $715 Million
Check out the real-time ride along and let Crowder give you a close up look at the failed city.