Moving can be enjoyable and straightforward when you take a little time to educate yourself. You can keep your valuable objects safe while using your time wisely. Additionally, consider getting help with your move if necessary. These tips are likely to help you move with a positive mindset and a lot less frustration.
1. You can cushion plates by putting paper towels or packing paper between them. After this, place your dishes in a box.
2. Instead of using Spackle, try filling nail holes with bar soap.
3. Emptying drawers is unnecessary. Keep items inside during the drive by sticking plastic wrap over drawers.
4. Organize wires and cables with handy toilet paper tubes.
5. Since the move will leave you exhausted, leave your dishes in their boxes. You can eat by packing disposable cutlery, plates and cups in a basket.
6. Consider making a change of address checklist with pen and paper, or print one found online.
7.Know where your items belong by color-coding boxes to rooms.
8. Try using a laundry basket for essential items such as a coffee maker. Place this atop the counter upon arrival at your new home.
9. Utilize plastic bags to keep hardware organized.
10. Create easy-to-carry handles by cutting triangles about one-third of the way down in boxes.
11. You don’t need to buy expensive wardrobe boxes. Instead, keep clothes on hangers and place them in garbage bags.
12. Be cautious of spills by putting plastic wrap under toiletry lids.
13. Rather than purchase extra boxes, use bags and suitcases.
14. Keep plates safer when you wrap them well and pack vertically.
15. Create box labels with box contents and the room these belong in.
16. To avoid back injuries, pack books in suitcases with wheels.
17. Use IKEA bags for items such as blankets, clothes and stuffed animals.
18. Write fragile on boxes containing breakables even if you’re the only person who’ll touch them.
19.Cushion breakables with padding such as plastic grocery bags. If you don’t pad the top, these might get crushed.
20. Prevent the door from latching each time you carry a box out by wrapping a rubber band around the doorknob.
21. For items stored all year long and holiday decor, consider purchasing storage bins.
22. Quickly move packing supplies when you carry them in a basket to each room.
23. Keep jewelry organized and tangle-free by packing it in egg cartons.
24. Remind yourself where your stuff goes with a moving room key.
25. You can sell items you don’t need at a yard sale. Besides this, consider donating them to charity or recycling them if applicable. After all, you never know if someone less fortunate than you have a better use for your old stuff.
A better destination may await you, but first, you must get your stuff there in one piece. In fact, you now have the power of knowledge to make your move more pleasant. Don’t worry too much about bumps in the road ruining your belongings. Once you arrive, be sure to enjoy your new home because you deserve it.