With the US educational system being in place for many years- questions lie on whether it is worth students’ time. Is it productive as it should be? Does it provide the platform for learners to optimize their talents and skills? And while these questions linger in our minds, we always have to appreciate the education for what it is. When you compare the era when education was a dream and now you can easily feel the difference- The technological hubs, devices, machines, and inventions. All of these reattribute their existence to education. But while the education system has numerous benefits, there are also weaknesses in the same system which have slowed down the learning progress and benefits in the real world
US’s education system is to blame for the numerous job losses. The system is placing more emphasis on the theoretical rather than practical aspects of the job market. Besides, the system makes the learners as more job seekers than job creators- Placing the job market at a tight spot. Of course, nowadays you will easily find a graduate looking for a job hopelessly- Unless the person is a tech guru.
Top 5 reasons why the US educational system is failing
Below are the top five reasons why the US education system is failing by custom writing:
- Absence of proper parental involvement– parents play a pivotal role in ensuring academic excellence and well-being of their students. Most schools nowadays put a lot of pressure on teachers due to a large number of students. Because many learners, teachers do not have enough time to handle the necessities of each individual learner. Time spent in the class environment is also not enough to address all the learner’s requirements. If parents leave their kids to the mercy of teachers, they will experience many challenges in learning- Especially the socio-economic constraints in lower and middle-level learners.
- An alarming number of schools closing- the past few years have been a rough time for public schools. More often, students, communities and parents are targeted in the closing campaign. The system should not prioritize closing of underutilized public schools than other alternative options. For instance, these schools could be re-utilized as adult education centers or libraries. These decisions should focus primarily on improving the quality of education to the learner.
- Overcrowding in most public schools- When you visit most schools in the US now, you will find high cases of overcrowding in almost every classroom. The overcrowding challenges has proven a problem to most teachers as they can hardly teach in such environments. For instance, a recent study by the National center doe educations statistics shows that 14% of the US schools exceed their students’ capacity. At a time where the learners need more space and attention to succeed, these overcrowded classrooms virtually make learning less effective.
- Inefficiency in technological application in the classroom- the advent of technology in the classroom has had its shares of bile too. While most parents and teachers advocate for the same, we can clearly see through the loopholes that it brings along- Each student’s technological background and knowledge varies. This makes things harder for teachers to incorporate technology in the classroom. Most parents also teach their kids to use technological devices as soon as they can touch and flip the screens- Making it harder for the teachers to understand each student’s technological savviness.
- An increasing number of school drop-outs- according to US census statistics, 38% of the school dropouts fall way below the poverty line. The statistics further add that the majority (60%) of these dropouts spend own vehicles and spend over $300 yearly less than the average Americans on a yearly basis. The challenge of addressing school dropouts is one major issue facing the education system. The consequence of dropping out of school for learners are numerous in terms of expected earnings, but the education system has failed them- The system should focus on them as learners and not future earners- to motivate them to complete high school.
Our educational system has more downsides than upsides positives to our learners. As such, the government should put in check the frameworks making our education system and amend them to make it ideal for all learner’s needs.