Sending an acceptance letter to the recruiter after receiving a job offer is not mandatory but is certainly a professional approach to accept the job offer. Actually, when you send job acceptance letter the recruiter gets surety that you will join the company and under such circumstance, they do not search for any other candidate. But when you do not send the acceptance letter such problem are not likely to happen. As such it is very important to write an acceptance letter if you get a job offer and make up your mind to join the job. But before you send the acceptance letter you must make sure that you do not have any confusion about the compensation, leave, benefits, etc. which the company will provide you. Apart from that with a job acceptance letter you also get a great chance to express your gratitude to the company for giving you the chance of working for the company. It also shows your enthusiasm for taking the new role. That is the reason why it is always recommended for every job seeker to write a job acceptance letter once they get a job offer from the company and you are willing to accept the position that is given to you or what you have applied for. But when you will write a job acceptance letter it is very important to consider certain things in mind that will help you to write an impressive job acceptance letter. It is very difficult to always get effective printable templates for writing the acceptance letter and that is the reason why we have come up with the following five essential things that you should always consider while writing the acceptance letter to the recruiter:
- Accepting the position clearly: The first thing which you need to make sure while writing the job acceptance letter is that you have to clearly write about your acceptance of the offer given to you by the company. You must write the letter in such a way that the recruiter does not wonder whether you will accept the job offer or not. Hence you must keep your letter direct and clear. It is also advisable to write the letter in such a way that the recruiter understand that you are excited to join the job.
- Keeping the formal format: The next thing that you need to do is to keep the format right. You should make sure that you have included your name, address, phone number, and email Id. You must not forget to put the date of the day when you will send the letter. But it is very important to put the correct date. If required you should download a free calendar from the Internet and cross check the date before sending it to the recipient. After that, you should also mention your name, address, and contact information.
- Avoiding any kind of basic error: After writing the job acceptance letter you should not forget to proofread the letter at least once. It is very important to avoid any kind of error in the letter. You have to ensure that there are no spelling or grammatical mistakes in the letter. Any type of typos and silly mistakes will put a bad impression on the recruiter. As such it is very essential for you to be an extra careful while writing the letter and proofread it before submitting the job offer letter.
- Asking the recruiter about the documentation required: You should also ask the recruiter to let you know whether you need to submit any further documentation before your joining date. Sometimes it is seen that employees especially the new candidate do not have the knowledge about the documents that they need to submit to the employer before joining the job and it causes a problem on the joining day. That is why it is necessary to ask the recruiter about all those documents that they need to carry on the joining day. If you know about the documentation in advance or about complete the process of joining it becomes a lot easier. That is the reason why it is very essential to ask your recruiter about all these requirements.
- Concluding the letter properly: You must not forget that all is well that ends well. Hence it is very important to conclude the letter with good wishes. You must use proper closing terms such as ‘Sincerely’, ‘Thanking You’, ‘Best Regards’, etc. Finally, you should put your signature and name in the acceptance letter.