12. At The End Of The Day, There Isn’t Just One Thing We Can Do
- Keeping guns out of the hands of the dangerous seems like a good idea. But it’s difficult to implement, it can violate people’s liberty, and well, good luck trying. (Can we start with disarming the cops then?)
- Having empathy for others can help us prevent *some* of these horrible crimes.
- We need to take a look at the other components to gun violence – such as the drug war and domestic abuse, as the school shootings we fear aren’t as common as we think.
- We need to be very careful when we talk about disarming *certain* groups of people. I won’t get Godwin’s law on you (though I could), but the NRA supported gun control against the Black Panthers, and also, frankly, I don’t think civilians should be rendered defenseless against an increasingly hostile police force.
- At the end of the day, we can’t save or fix every single person who is hell-bent on murdering people.
- But we should always try when we can.