Everyone loves a diamond. Their ethereal sparkle offers a powerful message of love, devotion and commitment. Today, more and more women are leaning towards something more unique than a colourless diamond. Luckily, there are a beautiful array of natural fancy coloured diamonds to choose from for a truly unique statement. In this article, I will be telling you about these special diamonds so you can choose them for a loved one or yourself.
Let’s dive in.
#1: What is a Fancy coloured Diamond?
A coloured diamond or a fancy coloured diamond is a one hundred percent natural diamond whose colour has been affected by natural elements. Depending on the type of mineral, the diamond will take on a unique colour. Here are just a few examples of coloured diamonds:
- Red – Made up of Carbon but get their unique colour from a rare deformation in atomic structure
- Green – The green colour is caused by exposure to radioactive uranium near the earth’s surface
- Yellow – Yellow diamonds get their colour from Nitrogen
- Brown – Like yellow diamonds, brown diamonds also get their colour from Nitrogen
- Blue – Blue diamonds get their colour from Boron
- Purple – Hydrogen is found in purple diamonds, giving them their beautiful colour
- Pink – There are no trace elements, but the pink colour comes from a distortion in the crystal structure
One of the most popular choices is yellow diamond rings, also known as canary diamonds. They are popular and more affordable than others. They are true statement pieces and have been seen on celebrities such as Jennifer Lopez, Heidi Klum, Paris Hilton, Adele, and many more.
Yellow diamond rings symbolize the beginning or continuation of life being happy and in love. For your next diamond purchase, consider buying yellow diamond rings from a trusted jeweller like Astteria.
#2: How to Tell A Quality coloured Diamond
A universal method was created for assessing the quality of any diamond and to communicate in a universal language the quality of diamonds.
The 4Cs stand for Colour, Clarity, Cut and Carat weight. Each of the C’s are graded on a scale and evaluated for its value and quality.
- The colour-grading scale for diamonds begins with the letter D, H, N, and Z, with each letter increasing in colour.
- The diamond cut refers to the quality of a diamond’s angles and proportions which can impact the sparkle of the diamond.
- Clarity has to do with imperfections. These can interfere with light passing through the diamond, taking away from its beauty.
- Carat refers to the weight of the diamond, not the size.
#3: Tips For Purchasing A Fancy coloured Diamond
Now that you know the 4Cs of diamonds, it’s important to find a reliable jeweller before making your next purchase. Astteria is an excellent choice, with their many years of expertise in the diamond business.
It is recommended to get a certificate from AGS or GIA, the world’s trusted source for unbiased assessments on diamonds.
Be sure to check out reviews from other customers before buying this important gift for your loved one.
Knowing how diamonds are graded will be helpful in comparing similar diamonds and prices. Avoid spending your money on the wrong diamond ring!
If you are planning an engagement, celebrating an anniversary or milestone, or you just want to show your love in a special way, consider purchasing a fancy coloured diamond for your loved one from a trusted jeweller using the above tips.