For those looking to enter the realm of libertarianism, the banter and debate within social media groups may come across as intimidating and way too “high-level” for those new members to feel comfortable with. Thankfully, in the world of a constantly evolving media, podcast have become a great means for new libertarians to better learn the philosophy at their own pace (and for tenured libertarians to better hone their own belief and arguments.
With that, here are the Top 10 Libertarian Podcasts for all libertarians to enjoy:
- The Tom Woods Show– Tom Woods should be a familiar name for most, if not all libertarians. Woods is a senior fellow of the Mises Institute and host of The Tom Woods Show, which releases a new episode every weekday. He holds a bachelor’s degree in history from Harvard and his master’s, M.Phil., and Ph.D. from Columbia University. Woods has appeared on CNBC, MSNBC, FOX News Channel, FOX Business Network, C-SPAN, and Bloomberg Television, among other outlets, and has been a guest on hundreds of radio programs, including National Public Radio, the Dennis Miller Show, the Michael Reagan Show, the Dennis Prager Show, and the Michael Medved Show. Tom also co-hosts Contra Krugman, a weekly podcast with economist Bob Murphy that provides a free-market response to Paul Krugman’s New York Times column.
- We Are Libertarians– We Are Libertarians goal is to “help you sound smarter while talking to your friends”. WAL helps their listeners understand national and local government as well as politics and policies from an independent point of view. Their weekly shows examine current events from a libertarian perspective while treating modern politics with all of the irreverence it deserves. They like to “toss out the screaming heads, put people before political parties, and give context to the news to make you think”. WAL’s host and founder, Chris Spangle, is a fifteen year veteran of politics and media. He leads a discussion amongst friends and high-profile guests that span the libertarian spectrum of thought. Founded in 2012, the main podcast posts on Wednesdays with a shorter daily episode the other weekdays.
- The Freedom Report with Austin Petersen– The Freedom Report is a weekly podcast that reports on news from a perspective of economic freedom and personal liberty. Hosted at The Libertarian Republic website, our podcast is downloaded by thousands of liberty lovers every single day. Whether it’s the war on drugs, election coverage, big government intervention into the economy, crazy conspiracy theories, or feminist pornstars, Petersen tackles it all! Austin Petersen is the chief executive officer of Stonegait LLC, a for-profit consulting firm specializing in photo and video services. Petersen is also the founder and the editor in chief of The Libertarian Republic news magazine, one of the most read political news sites in the United States. Petersen is the former Director of Production at FreedomWorks and was an Associate Producer for Judge Andrew Napolitano’s show, “Freedom Watch” on the Fox Business Network. Petersen built Judge Napolitano’s social networks boasting over 600,000 fans and millions of clicks a month. His work has appeared in Getty, Reuters, the LA Times, NBC and Time Magazine. Petersen is most notably known for his candidacy for the Libertarian Party presidential nomination in 2016 and his candidacy for the U.S. Senate seat in Missouri as a Republican.
- The Jason Stapleton Program– Jason Stapleton is an American entrepreneur, speaker, and trusted marketing and brand consultant. He grew his first company, Trade Empowered, into a multi-million dollar brand as one of the largest and most well-respected trading education companies in the world. Six years after founding Trade Empowered, Jason started “The Jason Stapleton Program”, a podcast focused on economics and current events. Within 18 months, his podcast was the number one political podcast on iTunes, with nearly 30,000 daily listeners. Today Jason helps other entrepreneurs with established businesses increase the influence they have in their market, maximize their profits, and create a more abundant and rewarding life.
- The Brian Nichols Show– The Brian Nichols Show is a political show for anyone and everyone. Whether it’s a discussion about climate change, gun rights, abortion, or big issues like discussing the fundamental role of government, Brian Nichols brings on guests from all forms of political thought to have meaningful conversations about the issues you care about. Every show has one primary goal: to discuss the news objectively to help educate, enlighten, and inform our audience. He obtained his Bachelor’s of Arts in Political Science with a concentration in American Government and Associate’s Degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing and Management and has served on multiple political campaigns, including local, state, and federal campaigns. He also co-authored a published academic paper that explored the concept of a professional legislature that focused on the application of “professional legislatures” to county legislative bodies in New York State. His programs’s purpose to have a political show that discusses today’s news in an objective manner to ultimately find common ground between individuals of differing ways of thinking.
- Lions of Liberty– The Lions of Liberty advocate free markets, non-violence, and the defense of individual rights. They publish a podcast with a unique format, as their podcast feed includes three unique shows per week (every Monday, Wednesday and Friday). Marc Clair hosts interviews with leading libertarian minds on Monday’s flagship program. Brian McWilliams provides a shot of culture, comedy and liberty every Wednesday with Electric Liberty Land. On Friday John Odermatt exposes injustice in the broken criminal justice system with Felony Friday.
- The Launch Pad Media- The Launch Pad Media brings together multiple libertarian voices together, providing the resources they need to better produce and distribute their content. The Launch Pad’s goal is to provide quality entertainment that seeks to change culture through a libertarian lens. Johnny “Rocket” Adams is the creator and host of flagship program, “The Johnny Rocket Launch Pad – Libertarian Rock n’ Roll Experience” and now “BLAST OFF!” He’s also a musician, graphic artist, author, and former Chief Warrant Officer. Johnny spent his early days earning his stripes as a helicopter pilot in the U.S. Army. Other shows on The Launch Pad Media include The Law with DK Williams, Nice Guys Finish Free with Alex Merced, and more!
- Part Of The Problem with Dave Smith– Hosted by comedian Dave Smith, Part of the Problem is one of the leading libertarian programs, as Smith and his co-host, Robbie “The Fire” Bernstein expound upon current events, government, foreign policy, and all things libertarian. Part of the Problem is a great show to help educate and open your eyes to the possibility of a truly free nation. With a uinque blend of politics, philosophy, and comedy, Smith and Bernstein help people understand what’s happening in our world from a libertarian perspective.
- The Peter Schiff Show- Peter Schiff is one of the few non-biased investment advisors (not committed solely to the short side of the market) to have correctly called the current bear market before it began and to have positioned his clients accordingly. As a result of his accurate forecasts on the U.S. stock market, economy, real estate, the mortgage meltdown, credit crunch, subprime debacle, commodities, gold and the dollar, he is becoming increasingly more renowned. Schiff’s program focuses on American politics with a concentration in economic and monetary policy. His accurate forecasts on the U.S. stock market, the economy, the mortgage meltdown, and subprime debacle, have led to regular appearances on CNBC, CNN, Fox News, Fox Business Network, and Bloomberg TV. Peter is regularly quoted in many of the nation’s leading newspapers including: The Wall Street Journal, Barron’s, Investor’s Business Daily, The Financial Times, The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, The Washington Post and The Chicago Tribune.
- Contra Krugman- Contra Krugman is a weekly podcast, that critiques the New York Times column of economist Paul Krugman. Hosts Bob Murphy and Tom Woods belong to the Austrian School of economics, which includes such luminaries as Ludwig von Mises, Nobel Prize winner F.A. Hayek, and Murray N. Rothbard. Each episode breaks down (and frankly, tears apart) Keynesian economist Paul Krugman’s weekly column from an Austrian perspective.
Now, remember folks… this just the tip of the iceberg in terms of looking at libertarian podcasts. For a more complete list, of podcasts, check out https://www.libertarianpodcasts.com